Get the help that you need today
for the tomorrow that you deserve.

When A Divorce Or Separation Calls For Child Or Spousal Support (Alimony)

Depending on your unique family circumstances, you may need a child support order, spousal support (alimony) settlement or both.

To protect your right to receive or pay appropriate support amounts, work with an experienced, empathetic attorney who will advocate for you. At Susan Levy Eisenberg, P.C., you can expect to receive guidance in support of a fair outcome.

Some Common Questions About Child And Spousal Support

As you work with attorney Susan Levy Eisenberg on your child support and/or alimony case, she can personalize answers to your questions such as those below.

‘If The Other Parent And I Share Custody Of Our Child, I Won’T Have To Pay Support, Right?’

This is not the right assumption to make. When deciding on custody, a judge will focus on the emotional and physical well-being of the child. Child support guidelines, on the other hand, depend on factors such as the incomes of the parent. Shared physical custody may result in adjustments to, but not the elimination of, child support obligations.

What If The Other Parent Doesn’T Declare Their Income Or Is Self-Employed?  

Incomplete reports are considered to be falsified. It is important to work with an attorney with experience detecting underreported income.

‘If I Don’T Have A Job, Do I Have To Pay Support?’  

If the court determines that you are choosing voluntary unemployment, child support obligations will be calculated based on the court’s estimation of your income-earning potential.

‘What If Our Incomes Or Other Circumstances Change?’

After a child support order is in place, if your and the other parent’s financial realities change substantially, you may petition the court to modify that order upward or downward.

‘I Earn More Than My Spouse, And I Worry That I Will Be Ordered To Pay Unfair Levels Of Spousal Support.’ 

Numerous factors go into a court’s calculations or needs-based decisions about spousal support (before divorce is filed), alimony pendente lite (after the divorce is filed but before it is finalized), and/or alimony (after the divorce is finalized). For best results, work with a family law attorney with extensive experience in your county.

Schedule A Consultation To Discuss Support Questions In Your Case

Susan has more than 30 years of experience practicing family law in Bucks County. You can rely on her counsel for determination, modification or enforcement of support orders.

To arrange for a meeting with her, call (215) 860-9700 or complete a simple online form.