Get the help that you need today
for the tomorrow that you deserve.

Child Custody And Visitation For Families

In the midst of a divorce or child custody dispute, it is easy for a parent to get caught up in negative feelings of fear, worry and animosity toward the other parent. These reactions are natural, but experience tells us most loving parents will watch out for their children’s well-being despite the challenges.

Considering the emotional issues and necessary legal processes, a thoughtful parent typically needs a family law attorney’s help to navigate the family law court system. At Susan Levy Eisenberg, P.C., clients find empathy, practical solutions and honest answers to questions such as those below.

Attorney Eisenberg recently won a Superior Court of Pennsylvania case, representing the mother in a dispute regarding legal custody of a child. The opinion can be viewed in full on the Superior Court website: click here

Tips and Techniques for Effective Co-Parenting

Do Parents Normally Share Child Custody In Pennsylvania?

Depending on circumstances, a family law court in Pennsylvania may order or approve of one or more of the following custody arrangements:

  • Shared or sole legal custody (decision-making authority)
  • Primary, partial, shared or sole physical custody
  • Supervised physical custody

How Do Family Law Courts Determine Custody?

According to Pennsylvania laws, a family law court may order or agree to a child custody and visitation arrangement based on many factors, including:

  • Parents’ willingness to cooperate with each other and encourage and permit a child’s frequent and continuing contact with both parents
  • Any history of abuse or substance abuse
  • The proximity of the parents’ homes to each other
  • Each parent’s ability to maintain a nurturing relationship with the child while attending to their daily needs

I Can No Longer Afford To Live In This School District Or I Want To Move To Be Near Extended Family. Can I Relocate And Take My Kids With Me?

Before a child custody order is in place, you might be able to do this if your children are living with you, but for your family’s protection, get a lawyer’s advice before moving. Realize that the other parent may seek to disrupt your plans and jeopardize the children’s stability.

It is normally best for separated or divorcing parents to arrive at a custody agreement and present it to a family law court. If it meets approval, a court order will incorporate the plan. Attorney Susan Levy Eisenberg encourages amicable solutions whenever possible. She also represents parents, grandparents and other family members in complex, contested cases.

Turn To A Trusted Family Law Attorney

With Susan’s help, resolve child custody as part of your divorce or establish paternity and parental rights.

Call (215) 860-9700 or complete our intake form to request a consultation.